It is no secret that I love to work in this field. Reading about the latest research and finding resources for the people I work with is a pastime. Consequently, those who come here for treatment receive more than just counseling services. They receive knowledge and self-help tools that come from both psychology and the motivational world of business.
Practicing what I teach is a self-imposed requirement. From using cognitive therapy skills to pushing the envelope in recreational pursuits I come to each session with a thorough understanding of how difficult but rewarding it can be to overcome life's challenges and grow as an individual.
On a personal note I enjoy hiking, photography, astronomy, and taking in the awesomeness of nature. I also enjoy watching ice hockey with my husband of 30 years and, when they are in town, our adult sons. Go Red Wings!
- New Mexico State licensed independent social worker (I-05842) with a Masters degree from the University of Michigan
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers and the Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Thirty years of experience treating adults, children, couples, and families in psychiatric inpatient and outpatient settings, community service agencies, schools, and private practice in the states of Michigan, Texas, Washington, and for the last ten years here in New Mexico.
- Educator and trainer of mental health professionals about depression and depression prevention through the Cross-Country Education national lecture circuit, National Association of Social Workers, and published professional articles. I have also presented to teachers, counselors, and administrators in several school districts in the Pacific Northwest.
- Twenty-five years of countless presentations, publications, and radio/television interviews for the general public as an expert in the treatment of depression and anxiety; for the last fifteen years I have also worked to dispel myths about depression and other mental conditions in Christian/Catholic faith-based settings.
- Social Worker of the Year Award for my contribution to the field of social work and service to the community as a local, regional, and national clinical expert. Awarded by the Blue Mountain Unit of the National Association of Social Workers, Washington State.
- Author of Raising Depression Free Children: A Parent’s Guide to Prevention and Early Intervention, Hazelden Publishers, 2003; Body and Soul Nautilus Book Award winner for Best Parenting Book, 2004.
Welcome to my practice!